[WEB4LIB] Re: Blog: Open source vs. commercial

Shaw Yu xyu at vcu.edu
Wed May 4 14:22:37 EDT 2005

>I used to think this dynamic between the library IT stuff and the
>university IT department was a local thing, but having listened in on
>others' experiences via this and some other discussion lists, as well as
>blogs, I think it is fairly routine.  That's unfortunate.
>
>Steve

Certainly it's an enduring issue. The topic is well covered in the book
*Books, Bytes, and Bridges: Libraries and Computer Centers in Academic
Institutions (*by Larry Hardesty
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/index=books&field-author=Larry%20Hardesty/104-1715198-3328731>,
I wrote a book reviewer about it several years ago).

Shaw