NISO Workshop Planning

Karen Coyle kcoyle at kcoyle.net
Wed May 4 11:55:03 EDT 2005

OpenURL-ers,

NISO is planning a combined OpenURL/Metasearch workshop again this year
(in September), and I've agreed to help with the planning. The previous
workshop focused on the transition to OpenURL 1.0. I'm assuming that the
novelty of transitioning to 1.0 has worn off, and that people might be
interested in exploring  other topics. We could feature some of the
creative uses of OpenURL, such as the linking out from Google print, and
the work on open resolvers. Do you think that people are ready to learn
more about how to create registry items? Send any ideas you have.

Also, if anyone wants to be on the planning committee for this, let me
know. I don't think this will be a terribly onerous task.

Thanks for your feedback,
kc

--
kcoyle at kcoyle.net http://www.kcoyle.net