No subject

Kukulka, Edward J. Edward.Kukulka at fairfaxcounty.gov
Wed May 18 14:52:01 EDT 2005

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000953032902/

...at least one library has come up with a novel way to get teens into
libraries: put audiobooks onto iPod Shuffles. We have it on good word
that the South Huntington Public Library in Suffolk County, New York, is
doing just that.

Readers comment:

I am a youth services librarian and I think this is a a great idea! I'm
in favor of many measures libraries use to encourage young people to
read (whether they're reading or listening to a book). It's not easy for
old-fashioned books to compete with all the gadgets out there, so
libraries need to adapt to the changing needs of their audiences.

Ed Kukulka
Internet Services
Fairfax County Public Library, VA
www.fairfaxcounty.gov/library/