What about Google AND Amazon AND iTunes? WAS: NOTAmazon OR Google...

William A. Forgette wforgette at linc.lib.il.us
Wed May 11 09:48:43 EDT 2005

Greetings List -

My personal disclaimer: please note that I just subscribed to the list and
have only just seen part of this thread. (And I already like what I see!)

I believe that many arguments could be made for many different models - each
have there pros and cons as we know.  How about taking the best of each!?
There is a team across the pond that is developing a very interesting piece
of architecture (IMHO).  That architecture is named as mSpace:

http://mspace.fm/

(I am not affiliated with the group)

It appears to harness the data of multiple databases to give the user the
browsing AND educational experience regarding topics in a browser like
format that people are already used to.  As they say themselves on the
website:

"What if you could combine the ease of iTunes with the information of a
Google search -- and make that better?"

Cheers,
Bill

William A. Forgette, Computer Services Department Head
Bloomingdale Public Library
101 Fairfield Way
Bloomingdale, IL 60108
Direct (630) 924-2766