No subject

Wed May 18 14:29:02 EDT 2005

>From mitcheu at alvernia.edu  Thu Oct 29 08:37:26 1998
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 11:32:36 -0500
To: web4lib at webjunction.org
From: "Eugene S. Mitchell" <mitcheu at alvernia.edu>
Subject: Student Web Pages

Dear Colleagues:

This message is primarily directed to those of you in academic libraries,
but any feedback is welcome.

Do any of you allow your student organizations and clubs to design their
own pages for your institution's web site?  If you do, what policies or
guidelines do you have?

In the past, we have placed information in a template that was identical
for all clubs so that our web site was uniform.  The administration has now
asked me to explore the issues involved in providing our students with more
flexibility and creativity.  Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Eugene S. Mitchell, Ph.D.
Dean of Library and Information Services
Dr. Frank A. Franco Library
Alvernia College
400 St Bernardine St
Reading, PA 19607-1799