No subject

Wed May 18 14:29:02 EDT 2005

>From tomaiuolon at ccsu.edu  Wed Oct 28 08:49:57 1998
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 11:51:15 -0500
From: Nicholas Tomaiuolo <tomaiuolon at ccsu.edu>
To: web4lib at webjunction.org
Subject: citing electronic full text for publication

Dear list members,
Scenario: Academic library with full text access to scholarly journals.
Faculty member is submitting a manuscript to _Journal of Marketing
Research_.  He/she is worried that they will not accept the citations to
electronic full text.  I try to assuage the faculty member, but upon
inspecting this peer reviewed journal, I can not find any references to
an electronic full text journal article!  The faculty member, therefore,
wants the hardcopy on interlibrary loan, so he/she can identify the
article in the traditional manner.

Other givens: neither the journal's web page nor its "Instructions for
authors" mentions citations to full text articles.

Has anyone encountered this scenario?  Even if not, please comment on it
if you are interested.

Thanks,
Nick Tomaiuolo
CCSU Library