NOTAmazon OR Google as a "corporate" role model: iTunes

Peter Murray peter at OhioLINK.edu
Fri May 13 20:24:25 EDT 2005

Agreed.  Browsing by genre, subject, format, intended audience, and any
other facet available (or a combination of these) is very useful.
Browsing as a result of a search is even better.

The ability to browse requires rich metadata that iTunes (and Amazon)
are exploiting.  Browsing by author is moderately interesting
(everything by the same author).  Browsing by title is less interesting.
Browsing by album title is okay, but browsing by track title is not
useful.

It could also be (and is being) argued that a Google keyword search
isn't all that useful for index/abstract or bibliographic data.  (Roy
argues this the best I've seen so far.)

Peter

--
Peter Murray                       http://www.pandc.org/peter/work/
Assistant Director, Multimedia Systems  tel:+1-614-728-3600;ext=338