[WEB4LIB] Re: In defense of stupid users

Nina McHale nlm25 at georgetown.edu
Thu May 5 14:32:21 EDT 2005

...and then we go racing up or down to the area of the stacks where the
patron just *might* be looking for books, using LoC call numbers of the
subject of their inquiry to track them. My desk used to be in an area of
non-librarian staffers.  It became a joke that someone would ask a
question out loud, just wondering something, and within a minute or two,
I'd provide the answer.

Well, Bernie, even though your original post didn't get a true
back-and-forth discussion of the issue going, this sure has been fun! :)

--
Nina McHale
Reference Librarian/Web Services Coordinator
nlm25 at georgetown.edu
202-687-6818