[WEB4LIB] Roy Tennant in Winnipeg

Roy Tennant roy.tennant at ucop.edu
Thu May 5 13:35:23 EDT 2005

What Peter neglected to mention was that MLA also blogged many other
great presentations, including Peter's on RSS (see
<http://mla.blogspot.com/2005/05/rss-for-beginners-peter-scott.html>),
as well as another on FRBR (see
<http://mla.blogspot.com/2005/05/navigating-library-catalogue-how-
frbr.html>). Another presentation worth checking out is Mark Leggott's
talk on Manitobia.ca (see
<http://mla.blogspot.com/2005/05/manitobia.html>). The site is being
unveiled next week, and is a great example of using cutting-edge
technologies (XML, Java, etc.) to create a highly useable and useful
online collection of compelling content. Considering that these were
presented yesterday, isn't the Internet grand?
Roy