No subject

Robertson, James Robertson at ADM.NJIT.EDU
Wed May 18 14:16:54 EDT 2005

All,

          Within the last 3-4 months, I read somewhere on the web (blog?
e-article?  message board?  listserv?) about (for better or worse) the
"law of community coding".

          The idea being that there is enough of a critical mass of
knowledgeable people out there that you don't really need to code
anymore.  If you can ask the question correctly (i.e., write the spec
specifically enough) in the right forum, someone out there will have
either already written that code or application or can code it up for
you in no time flat.

          (Something like that.)

          Does this ring any bells to anyone?  I can't seem to find it
again on the web anywhere.  Some of the wording above may be my own
faulty memory or interpretation and not the language used by the
original poster.

                                                --Jim

Jim Robertson

Assistant University Librarian

NJIT (New Jersey Institute of Technology)

323 King Blvd., Newark, NJ  07102-1982

973-596-5798 -- james.c.robertson at njit.edu -- www.library.njit.edu