[WEB4LIB] ampersand encoding in dreamweaver

Mary M. LaMarca Mary.M.LaMarca at Dartmouth.EDU
Wed Mar 30 10:12:16 EST 2005

I've encountered this before - it's a DW bug.  I've gotten around it by editing the html files on the server/UNIX box.  The next time you need to use DW, pull the file from the server and it'll be fine.

--- medlib wrote:
our library website has a lot of database URLs, and i'm addressing the
task of turning all amersands in our URLs into "&" ... but
dreamweaver is fighting me on it.

doesn't matter whether i use MX or MX2004, or if i toggle any of the
"rewrite code" options (i've toggled 'til i couldn't toggle anymore!)
. whenever i change a & to & dreamweaver changes it back again
(either after save/close/re-open, or, in the case of MX2004, right
before my eyes on 'save').

--- end of quote ---