[WEB4LIB] Re: PDF versus HTML

Andrew Darby adarby at ithaca.edu
Wed Mar 30 09:22:36 EST 2005

One other thing to keep in mind is where and how your audience will read
the document.  PDF is great for printing out and reading, where you want
your document to look <em>just so</em>, but is a real pain to read
online (imho) because of the jerky scrolling, lack of that comforting
cursor, the excruciating wait while the doc loads, the possibility your
user won't have acrobat installed (or their browser will conk out part
way through), etc., etc.

But it sure is easy to convert a word doc to pdf . . . .

Andrew Darby
Web Services Librarian
Ithaca College Library
http://www.ithaca.edu/library/