[WEB4LIB] Re: Web Page Width - To Restrict or Not to Restrict

Samuel Mcdonald smcdon at rci.rutgers.edu
Thu Mar 17 15:52:23 EST 2005

Hi:

This sort of  discussion is often framed with the terms "liquid design"
(vs "ice"). Searching Google for "liquid design" returns many useful sites
for understanding how to do liquid design.

One of the more important issues is text width.
eg. see the quote:
"...
Conventional design wisdom has been to restrict the width of flowing text
to somewhere between 550 and 780 pixels wide, using tables to do this.
..."
  http://lois.co.uk/web/articles/page-widths.shtml

-Sam