[WEB4LIB] RE: CSS vs. Tables

Vishwam Annam vishwam.annam at wright.edu
Wed Mar 9 13:25:26 EST 2005

Saarah,

Since you are thinking about designing web site with out using much
tables (of course, you can use tables to show data, but not for layout),
you may want to consider skimming through these 2 books,

1. The CSS Anthology: 101 Essential Tips, Tricks & Hacks, some sample
chapters are at http://www.sitepoint.com/books/cssant1/cssant1-sample.pdf
2. Designing with out tables, using CSS, some sample chapters are at
http://www.sitepoint.com/books/css1/htmlutopia.pdf
<javascript:ol('http://www.sitepoint.com/books/css1/htmlutopia.pdf');>

In book2, they mentioned some web sites such as
http://www.alistapart.com/ http://espn.go.com/, http://www.sitepoint.com
used CSS page layout.

These are useful books, however one thing makes me think is, 508
guideline "Documents shall be organized so they are readable without
requiring an associated style sheet", I haven't find answer to that
question in these books. (?)

Good luck,
Vishwam

--