PDF watermarking

Eric Gustafson GustafsonE at lanecc.edu
Thu Mar 3 15:49:07 EST 2005

I need a method to insert a copyright notice watermark on existing pdfs
and preferably also disallow editing. It would also be nice to have the
watermark show up only when printed (if possible).  Can this all be done
using AcrobatPro6 in a batch process or do I need to revert to
thirdparty utils?

I have a Xerox Documate252 scanner that scans to Paperport Pro 9. The
pdf's it creates are ver1.2 compatible and unencrypted. (Visioneer
OneTouch 4.0 is the creator).

A tool such as Ap PDF Stamp (
http://www.adultpdf.com/products/pdfstamp/index.html) is cheap (under
$30) and what I'm currently looking at but would prefer to use the tools
I already have. Keyword is inexpensive... so ARTS PDF Stamper at $150
(www.artspdf.com) is out.

Thanks for the input!
Eric

Eric Gustafson, Computer Support Technician
Library, Lane Community College
4000 E. 30th Ave
Eugene, OR 97405
gustafsone at lanecc.edu