[WEB4LIB] Re: what is firefox?

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Tue Mar 1 14:48:49 EST 2005

> Hmm, so the "right" way to say it is like asking for "tuna fish?" I find

Heh. Believe it or not, I've /always/ said "tuna fish", but I know you can
find about a zillion other examples that I could simply "touche" on.
Generally speaking, though, I think it's important to explain the most
pedantic way /first/, and then let natural time and friendly conversation
erode it to the shortened form (for each, individual, person). After all,
it is Yahoo!, not Yahoo, nor should you google for Google, or rollerblade,
whiteout, or xerox. I'd much rather people understand that "RSS" stands
for "RDF Site Summary", and was then mutated into "Rich Site Summary" or
"Really Simple Syndication", then them thinking it was always that way.

--
Morbus Iff ( you are nothing without your robot car, NOTHING! )
Spidering Hacks: http://amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596005776/disobeycom