[WEB4LIB] Re: Reported EBSCO database problems with Firefox

Elizabeth Thomsen et at noblenet.org
Tue Mar 1 12:42:25 EST 2005

Thomas Dowling wrote:

> I'm hearing reports from our librarians that EBSCO has fixed this within
> the last couple of days.  If so (and it seems to work for me), kudos to
> EBSCO for fixing the problem.

We've had a few minor problems with EBSCO and Firefox, which now seem to
be resolved.  They're not the only system or site dealing with a few
clean-up issues now that they're encountering serious traffic from a
different, compliant browser.

Speaking of Firefox and EBSCO, here's a link to our page showing how to
set up a Firefox Smart Keyword for EBSCO:
http://www.noblenet.org/firefox/smartkeyword2.html

The format here is specific to NOBLE's authentication, but if your EBSCO
service is configured to show persistent links, you can do this, too.

--
Elizabeth Thomsen, Member Services Manager
NOBLE: North of Boston Library Exchange
et at noblenet.org