Call for participation: Chinese Digital Project Survey

Bin Zhang bzhang at csus.edu
Tue Mar 15 18:13:57 EST 2005

Note: Please disregard if this message is irrelevant to you.

Dear fellow librarians, library administrators and IT personnel,

You are cordially invited to participate in a survey if your library has a
Chinese digital collection project (regardless of current status or phases).
This survey is a part of a research on the metadata of Chinese digital
collection projects in non-Chinese speaking countries.

The survey is to find out the current philosophies, strategies, approaches
that each Chinese digital project takes to handle the metadata definition,
collection, organization, and information retrieval. Please share your
experience, reflections, and plans for the future.

All the personal, organizational, library and project identification
information you provide in the survey will be kept confidential unless you
choose otherwise at the end of the survey forms. Survey analyses, however,
will be shared by all participants, and possibly be used in future research,
cooperation, and publishing. We believe this research will not only help
Chinese digital projects to improve their information organization and
retrieval techniques, but also be helpful to establishing a network among
Chinese digital collection projects in non-Chinese speaking countries for
the potential communication.

Due to the technically intense nature of the survey, we set up 2 forms in
the survey:

Survey I is for project managers. The purpose is to collect general
information about the project:
http://digital.lib.csus.edu/survey/index.php?sid=3

Survey II is for technical personnel (including metadata catalogers, system
administrators, etc.) The purpose is to collect technical information about
the project:
http://digital.lib.csus.edu/survey/index.php?sid=4

Please be noted: the survey ends on "03-31-2005".

For any questions, please contact:

Bin Zhang
Digital Information Services Librarian
Library Information Systems
California State University, Sacramento

+1(916)278-5664(voice); +1(916)278-3891(fax)
bzhang at csus.edu

Your participation is encouraged. We would deeply appreciate your input!

Bin Zhang
Digital Information Services Librarian
Library Information Systems
Sacramento State University