[WEB4LIB] Re: ampersand encoding in dreamweaver

medlib sunupnow at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 18:34:01 EST 2005

my settings are the same (and i've toggled them repeatedly).

the head of the document is:

"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<head>

is there something wrong there??

and...

>Pardon me if my scan of this thread overlooked this
>suggestion, but have you tried using the ISO Latin-1
>equivalent (&#38;) instead?

thanks. i just tried replacing a &amp; (i did manage to get a few in
there yesterday) with &#38;. on 'save' it turned it back into &amp;
!!   lol. (and, for the record, it did the same with &).

i took a big breath and had another crack at a global find/replace.
but i ended up with scores of &nbsp;amp; and &quot;amp; and others all
over the place. freaky.

thanks everyone .. looks like there is something screwy going on here
that i'm just not going to be able to resolve. and you know, i also
turned on "Never rewrite code" and added ".htm" to the list. it still
overwrites my changes.

i'll just have to live with these pages not validating, unless i want
to spend hours doing a copy/paste/save/edit/copy/paste/save in
notepad. rats. <pout>

sunny