[WEB4LIB] RE: Decision tree for Web resources

Roy Tennant roy.tennant at ucop.edu
Wed Mar 16 16:39:25 EST 2005

The fact that I was also thinking of exactly the scenario you described
(down to even the tool you mentioned) is deeply gratifying. At least I
know if I'm nuts, I have company.  I continue to think that such a
strategy might prove the most fruitful, but as you identified, the
issue is getting enough "fodder" to work with. I'm wondering if
downloading large numbers of citations and/or full-text articles might
work. Given the fact that no one would see the citations, and the
entire purpose is to be able to guide someone to the database from
which they came seems to justify such a procedure. It certainly seems
worth a try.
Roy