Blog for Wireless Libraries and searchable database for list.

Drew, Bill drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Mon Mar 14 11:27:13 EST 2005

This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Please feel free to
forward it where appropriate
As a step into the continuing growth of Wi-Fi in libraries, I am
starting a blog called Wireless Libraries. It is at:

http://wirelesslibraries.blogspot.com/

If anyone is interested in becoming a contributor directly to the blog,
please let me know and I will add you as a "member."  That way you would
be able to add content to it as well as correct any content you add.

I decided on a blog because it gives me a little bit of editorial
control for quality and content.  I looked at wikis over the weekend but
am still a little wary of using them because they are so wide open.  I
will also set up a second blog, if there is interest, to pipe content
from the LibWireless discussion group into it.

The list of libraries with wireless will not be part of the blog
directly.  This list will now be part of Marshall Breeding's
lib-web-cats database.  This is an ideal location for this information.
The database is searchable by many different fields including type of
library.  Marshall has added two fields to the database, one to indicate
a wireless network and one free form field for adding your network
information and policies.  Each library in my original list will have to
update or input your information.  The database is at:

http://www.librarytechnology.org/libwebcats/

Wilfred (Bill) Drew
Associate Librarian, Systems and Reference
Morrisville State College Library
E-mail: mailto:drewwe at morrisville.edu
AOL Instant Messenger:BillDrew4
BillDrew.Net: http://billdrew.net/
Wireless Librarian: http://people.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/wireless/
Library: http://library.morrisville.edu/
SUNYConnect: http://www.sunyconnect.suny.edu/
My Blog: http://babyboomerlibrarian.blogspot.com/
 "To teach is to learn twice." - Joseph Joubert