[WEB4LIB] ColdFusion and XML searching/harvesting protocols

Mark Ellis mark.ellis at yourlibrary.ca
Mon Mar 7 17:10:23 EST 2005

Nick,

There is a library oriented CF list--surprisingly named "CF4Lib".  I've
attached my original subscription response below to provide the details.

I haven't yet done SRU/SRW with CF, nor am I aware of anyone else who has,
but I'll get to it eventually--likely sometime after you have.

Mark Ellis
Manager, Reference and Information Services
Richmond Public Library
Richmond, B.C.
(604) 231-6410
www.yourlibrary.ca

Dear user,

your request

		 	SUBSCRIBE COLDFUSION Mark Ellis

has been successfully processed.

Welcome to list COLDFUSION (coldfusion at u.washington.edu). The system has
recorded
your address as

			mark.ellis at yourlibrary.ca

and it is required that you send your postings from that address, unless the
list does not require subscription for posting.

The list's owners are bwestra at u.washington.edu .

You should contact them if there are any problems.

Please do not send requests to this list; instead direct them to:

			listproc at u.washington.edu

To get more information on how to use this service, please send the command
HELP in a line by itself in a mail message to listproc at u.washington.edu.

To signoff from the list, email to listproc at u.washington.edu with the
following request:

		signoff COLDFUSION
or
		unsubscribe COLDFUSION

Welcome to the ColdFusion discussion list. If you ever need to get in
contact with the owner of the list,
list itself) send email to <bwestra at u.washington.edu>.

General information and instructions for discussion lists can be found at
http://www.washington.edu/computing/listproc/subscribers/

Here's other information for the list you've subscribed to, in case you
don't already have it:

SUBSCRIBING
Persons wishing to subscribe to this list should send an email message to
listproc at u.washington.edu with the following command:
subscribe coldfusion <your name>

The list owner reserves the right to unsubscribe any person for any reason
including but not limited to abuse or misuse of the ColdFusion  mailing
list or its members, the list owner, or the sysadmin.

INTENT
This list is for the discussion of issues related to the creation and
management of library-based Web applications utilizing Allaire's ColdFusion
software. While the discussion may occasionally be technical in nature,
this list is also intended to help beginning users and librarians and staff
with a non-technical background to learn about and use ColdFusion.
Particularly appropriate issues for discussion include, but are not limited
to:
- Application development
- Server management
- Technology integration

AUDIENCE
This discussion list is specifically aimed toward librarians and library
staff involved in working with ColdFusion, but anyone is welcome to join
the discussion. Those not interested in a library-oriented discussion may
wish to use the ColdFusion Developer's Forum, and/or join a ColdFusion
user's group in their geographic area.

POSTING
Membership (subscription) is a necessary requirement for posting to the
list. When a message is to be distributed to subscribers of coldfusion, it
must be addressed to the list's address (coldfusion at u.washington.edu).

Please remember that there can be many technical reasons for delays in
propagation of posts, from local maintenance to broken (Internet)
backbones.  Allow at least 24 hours before reposting or requesting
attention from the list administrator.

The list is not moderated for content, though for technical reasons,
discussion may be limited to help manage available resources.

POSTING POLICY
The following policy governs all postings to the list. These policies will
be enforced by the list owner.

All messages must relate, however slightly, to the general topic of
ColdFusion applications and libraries or library staff. The list owner
interprets this rather broadly, but messages that are clearly off-topic
will not be tolerated. Advertisements are not appropriate. However, a
simple statement that offers a way to follow-up for more information on a
service or product is tolerated if it accompanies a substantive message
discussing a subject appropriate to the list. Announcements of conferences,
workshops, and new publications appropriate to the topic of the list are
allowed.

Spamming will not be tolerated, and will result in being removed from the
list without warning.

Do not post copyrighted material without the appropriate permissions and/or
annotations.  Assume any material you did not personally author to be
copyrighted.  Posters assume responsibility for all materials posted to
coldfusion.

Personal attacks and comments that are intended only to enrage the
recipient rather
than contribute to thoughtful discussion are prohibited.

The preferred format for list messages is plain text. Subscribers whose
mail clients default to other formats such as HTML should configure them to
send plain text when posting to the list. Sending MIME file attachments of
any kind is discouraged because they cannot be read by subscribers with
plain text mail clients.
Attaching files that are capable of carrying viruses, Trojan horses, or any
other malicious code is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to,
executable files (such as DOS/Windows .exe and .com files) and MS-Office
files such as Word documents.

The total size of any message should not exceed 10k.

ADMINISTRATION
This ColdFusion discussion list is hosted by Computing and Communications
at the University of Washington . It is an un-moderated list, but only
subscribers may post messages. The software program List Processor
(ListProc) 8.a is used to provide an automated method for persons to
subscribe, unsubscribe, etc. Brian Westra (bwestra at u.washington.edu) is the
list owner.