[Web4lib] Google Grabs 52% Of U.S. Search Share

K.G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Wed Jun 29 08:42:11 EDT 2005

> Google cracked the 50 percent mark for the first time, this according to
> Websidestory.
> http://www.websidestory.com/products/web-
> analytics/datainsights/spotlight/06-28-2005.html
>
> >From what I see in the LISNews and LISHost stats this number seems low.
>
> -Blake Carver
> LISNews.com

Concur from LII stats, though the devil's in the details. Although the story
is misleading in *another* way--because a lot of people will read this and
think it refers to internal search. I'd be curious at the market share for
internal search whilst discussing Verity, Thunderstone, and SWISH-E in
addition to Google Client. Plus it intrigued me how Google soon cut the cost
of the Mini.

Karen G. Schneider
kgs at bluehighways.com