[Web4lib] Allowing comment editing on blogs

K.G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Sat Jun 18 15:51:51 EDT 2005

> Comment moderation as it's called is also a feature of WordPress. You can
> set that as a default in WordPress as I imagine you can with Movable Type.
> Comment spamming is a fact of life for bloggers. WordPress also has some
> pretty good anti-comment spamming tools available.

Movable Type has a plugin called MT-Blacklist. It's good but could be
better, and for a licensed product it's irritating that it's not supported
by MT--it's an external plugin provided for free. If MT were an open source
product I could understand that. But it's not.

You can read my rant on Movable Type's approach to plugins here:

http://freerangelibrarian.com/archives/041705/movable_types_workf.php

For a number of reasons, including some serious problems I am having right
now with MT, I may end up moving to Wordpress, not because I have drunk the
Open Source Kool-Aid, but because right now it's a better product.

Karen G. Schneider
kgs at bluehighways.com