[Web4lib] Question about Mailman

K.G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Fri Jun 17 15:44:28 EDT 2005

Over on PUBLIB, where we along with Web4Lib now reside, we're having
persistent problems with Mailman getting locked, which then of course means
Sara and I then can't log in and manage users, etc.

We don't know what's causing it, and we can't tie in the locks to specific
behavior. Various folk diagnoses include two moderators logging in at the
same time, not logging out of the admin interface, or the pressures of a
6,000-member list. But all of us, including the folks who installed Mailman,
are new at this software and just not sure what's happening.

Any Mailman gurus on Web4Lib?

Karen G. Schneider
kgs at bluehighways.com