[Web4lib] List Transition Update

Roy Tennant roy.tennant at ucop.edu
Mon Jun 13 15:39:46 EDT 2005

A few updates on our transition to WebJunction:

* Archive searching is not yet back up, due mostly to my heavy travel
schedule at the moment; however, Karen Schneider has noticed that
Google has discovered the archive at WebJunction, therefore Google
searches of "<your search terms> web4lib site:list.webjunction.org"
might prove fruitful until I can get my act together. Sorry!

* For those of you reading the list via an RSS/blog kind of feed, I
have no good solution to allow you to post/reply to Web4Lib. If you are
not seen as being a subscriber by the Mailman at WebJunction, any
message you send to the list will be denied. Sorry, but it must be that
way to prevent spam from inundating the list.

* I have been spending a good deal of time handling bad email
addresses/bounces from the list transition. What this means is two
things: 1) if I have removed you in error, please accept my apology and
resubscribe, and 2) if you have any problem with the list, and you
cannot solve it by visiting the list web site at
<http://lists.webjunction.org/mailman/listinfo/web4lib>, then please
email me personally at roy.tennant at ucop.edu. Please note that this
address is different than the address in the header of this email, due
to being on the road.

* So far I've been astonished at how well the Web4Lib audience has
weathered this transition, but then you have always been particularly
savvy troopers. Thank you very much for your patience and
understanding, as I try to work out the kinks in my busiest time of
year.

If any of you are at ALA next week, you might consider dropping by the
WebJunction reception Friday evening. Sign up at
<https://www3.oclc.org/app/ala_registration/> so they know how many
party hats to get. If you come look me up. I'm the old white guy with
glasses (oops, that describes about 12,000 ALA attendees, sorry!)
Roy