[Web4lib] Image bullets in lists

Rachel Vidrine rbvidrine at waketech.edu
Wed Jun 8 14:02:45 EDT 2005

I just discovered that in CSS, there is a way to set an image as the bullet style in a list. (Previously, I had been simply using <p> and <br> tags to create lists of items with image bullets.) However, I cannot make it work for some reason. Could someone please look at this and tell me what I am doing wrong?

In my style sheet:
ul { list-style-image: url(bullet.gif) }

In my document:
<ul>
<li class="features">New database: <a href="lrc.html">Literature Resource
               Center (LRC)</a></li>
</ul>

(The "features" class changes the font size; it has nothing to do with the bullets.)

Thanks!!

Rachel Vidrine
Web Services Librarian
Bruce I. Howell Library