[Web4lib] RSS usage

D.H. Mattison dmattison at shaw.ca
Wed Jun 8 00:45:58 EDT 2005

Unless I've missed something, isn't it the case that with Firefox and Opera
you have to use their respective e-mail clients to read the full RSS feed?
Without the Sage extension in Firefox, all you're seeing through the Live
Bookmark is the feed's headline. Yeah, I know, a simple click on a Live
Bookmark (RSS headline URL) will take me to the site ....

The University of Saskatchewan Libraries e-journals page
(http://library.usask.ca/ejournals/) describes and provides links to ways
they're incorporating RSS feeds supplied by some of the publishers of the
more than 17,000 full-text e-journals they license.

Gerry McKiernan's RSS: Rich Site Services page
(http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/RSS.htm) will take you to many
other library sites that are using RSS.

David Mattison
Victoria, BC, Canada