[Web4lib] RSS usage

Leo Robert Klein leo at leoklein.com
Tue Jun 7 12:59:04 EDT 2005

Blake Carver wrote:

> I'd say if it's not too much work, go for it, it's a neat idea and it
> would be really interesting to see how people use such a system. Do let us
> know how it turns out if you decide to make a move.

I'd say this fits in nicely with the library's role as
provider/facilitator of current awareness.  If within a year this isn't
the preferred way of keeping up with journal publications, I'll really
be surprised.

Some of the journals themselves are also getting into the act --
offering RSS feeds on their sites (e.g. Science, Nature).  It's an RSS
World!

LEO

Leo Robert Klein
www.leoklein.com