[Web4lib] Javascript include question

K.G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Tue Jun 7 10:30:33 EDT 2005

> "ns4menu.html," eh?  My general advice is to stop coddling NS4.  Send
> good, modern markup; anyone still using that dog at this point has a
> high tolerance for sites that don't look or work quite right for them.
> (Sometime this summer, we're going to retire our last interfaces that
> explicitly make allowances for NS4's incompetencies.)

I'm not arguing with this point, but wondering how to reach these people.
AWStats shows 1.6% of our hits in May came from Netscape. Of these, 12,000
hits were from Netscape 4 or--gulp--lower?!

In our case, we have a lot of older users and retired users who are to put
it delicately not cutting-edge techy. It would be nice to gently bring them
forward. They may only have a high tolerance for funky-looking because they
haven't seen the Web through a modern browser.

Firefox had 5.3% of the action in May--not bad at all. Though I was
surprised to see many PDA browsers listed but not Blazer or anything
claiming to be Palm-based.

Karen G. Schneider
kgs at bluehighways.com