[Web4lib] A very basic quesiont on library home page URL format

Walter Lewis lewisw at hhpl.on.ca
Fri Jun 3 12:31:34 EDT 2005

Leo Robert Klein wrote:
> People are just used to seeing it.  I get the feeling that people
> understand 'www.yoursite.com' more readily as a website than simply
> 'yoursite.com' -- at least visually.  I don't know why.  I can't prove
> it.  But there you go.

As a variation on this story line, some years ago we found ourselves
aliasing both
   www.yoursite.org|net|whatever and
   yoursite.org
because of people leaving off the 'www' even though it was an advertised
part of the site name. Only the .com got tested by the browser and we
rarely worked with folks in the .com space.

Walter Lewis
HALINET