[Web4lib] Heads Up: LII New Site Roll-Out

K.G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Thu Jun 2 19:14:30 EDT 2005

Librarians' Index to the Internet is "having some work done," as people say
these days, and sometime in the next three to six weeks we will roll out our
new site.

We will have redirects in place for hard links to LII search queries and
topic pages, so if you have a lot of these links... watch your link reports.
We cannot promise links to search queries will be fully redirected.

The new design is much more polished and attractive and offers a number of
new features, including improved topic browsing, the ability to email
individual LII entries, a lovely new logo, a boffo new tagline, and even a
slightly shorter name: Librarians' Internet Index.

Readers of the New This Week email newsletter will not need to change any
subscription information (although a new, prettified version will also
become available after launch; watch for that message). RSS readers, note
that we will automagically forward you to a new RSS URL.

We expect a smooth transition--but should we encounter turbulence, fasten
your seatbelts and hang on. It will be worth the ride! We'll keep you
updated.

Karen G. Schneider
Librarians' Index to the Internet
http://lii.org kgs at lii.org