[Web4lib] Script for databases access

Jonathan Bloy JBloy at edgewood.edu
Wed Jun 1 16:18:58 EDT 2005

At my library, we're looking at getting away from separate links for on
campus and off campus users accessing our databases.  I've seen some
libraries that use a script to determine if a user is on or off campus
(via I.P. address) and then send the off campus user through the
library's proxy server, so they can be verified as an authorized user.

I'm fairly new when it comes to server side scripting and would like to
avoid re-inventing the wheel.  Does anyone have a script they can share
or point me toward?  Unfortunately PHP is not installed on our campus
servers, so I would need something an ASP or a CGI Script.

---
Jonathan Bloy
Web Services Librarian
Edgewood College