[Web4lib] LMS/CMS and libraries

Tito Sierra tito_sierra at ncsu.edu
Wed Jun 1 14:56:33 EDT 2005

Hello,

I have two questions related to learning/course management systems
(e.g. WebCT, Blackboard, Sakai) and libraries.

By CMS I do *not* mean web content management systems generally.

1. Does anyone know of an active mailing list or community resource
focusing on the intersection of these two entities?

Here are examples of some topics of interest for such a community:
*Tools for integrating library electronic resources in the LMS
*Integration of virtual reference services in the LMS
*Library instruction in LMS space
*Emerging standards to facilitate interoperability between library
systems and LMS

2. What institutions are taking a leadership role in this area
(integrating library resources and services in LMS environment)?

Regards,
Tito

----

Tito Sierra