[Web4lib] Help with IIS/Windows 2003 and Perl configuration

Don Hamilton dhamilton at wlu.ca
Wed Jun 1 14:20:26 EDT 2005

Hi all. This is a call of desperation. Those of you who know me will
appreciate the humor when I say that I've been tearing my hair out over
this for a week now.

Anyway, I have installed windows 2003 and IIs6, and all the latest
patches. I have installed the latest Activestate Perl. I have enable web
site extensions, set mime types, followed different sets of
instructions, browsed MS and AS sites 'til I'm blue in the face (and
bald!) and I STILL can't get a stinkin' "Hello World" to run... All I
get is that stupid old 404 (.2, I think) "The page cannot be found".
(/endrant. I feel better already).

The ActiveState site does not specifically mention Windows 2003 (that I
could see). Is that combination known to work?  Does anyone have an
idiot's guide to making it work? Please?

Thanks

don

Don Hamilton, Systems by Training, Cybrarian by Osmosis
Library Information Technologies
Wilfrid Laurier University Library
75 University Ave W
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3C5