[Web4lib] Help - Browser Hijack? Webpage hijack?

Patricia F Anderson pfa at umich.edu
Tue Jul 12 20:56:20 EDT 2005

Hi, Sarah,

Sounds like Spyware to me.

<http://www.spywareinfo.com/articles/hijacked/>
<http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1579>

Ask him what he installed recently, and run both virus updates and spyware
removal software. This would also explain why it is only happening in one
browser. Once you figure out what hijacked it, you *might* want to report
it to Firefox also, although chances are that the only reason it targeted
Firefox is that this is what he was using when it was running.

Good luck!

Patricia Anderson, pfa at umich.edu