[WEB4LIB] Decline in Web4Lib message volume

Nancy Sosna Bohm nancy at thesmudge.com
Wed Jan 26 20:34:37 EST 2005

Ditto with what everyone else has said. *Are you getting this all down,
Bernie, for your next article?*

Also:
We Web4Libbers are so inundated with information and new ways to find and
organize it, that we are just barely able to keep our heads above it as we
tread deeper and deeper amounts of it.
Now, when someone posts a link on Web4Lib, it invariably results in dive
into the Ocean of Information, clicking on each new promising link. In
contrast, in the past, it seemed many links were here-today and
porn-tomorrow--or at least 404.
So, I don't suppose there are many (if any) subscribers out there who have 2
active accounts at any given moment at this time.
Rather, there are more of us who just get the Digest, which tends to inhibit
spontaneous posting--which is generally a good thing with regards to
personal embarrassment.

Nancy Sosna Bohm
Associate Librarian
Lake Forest College