[WEB4LIB] Decline in Web4Lib message volume

Leo Robert Klein leo at leoklein.com
Wed Jan 26 16:03:33 EST 2005

Off the top of my head:

Maybe people have ironed out many of the issues addressed by WEB4LIB (i.e.
we've gotten a whole lot smarter).

Maybe people have gotten better at identifying issues that should be
addressed by WEB4LIB and hence are more discriminating in what they post
(i.e. we've gotten a whole lot more selective).

Maybe we'll all using IM and don't need email anymore.

Maybe the late Ninties was a period of great exploration and experiment
not to be equaled again for a good long time.

I'd do ten but I'm not David Letterman.

On a serious note, Web4Lib'ers might be interested in an analysis done in
the current issue of D-Lib where they analyse the terms used over a
ten-year period:
<http://www.dlib.org/dlib/january05/bollen/01bollen.html>

It'd be interesting to do the same type of analysis here (were there but
world enough and time).

LEO

Leo Robert Klein
www.leoklein.com