[WEB4LIB] Free RSS Reader for Firefox. Part II

Breakall, Scott BreakallS at chesterfield.gov
Mon Jan 24 13:12:15 EST 2005

Gerry,

This has been mentioned before, but I want to bring it out again:
Firefox has a built-in RSS reader, using what it calls Live Bookmarks.
While viewing sites which have at least one RSS feed, the Live Bookmark
icon will light up in the bar at the bottom of the Firefox window, and
simply clicking on this icon will bring up options for subscribing to
the feed and where the bookmark should be placed in your existing
bookmark structure.  I've got my Live Bookmarks in a folder on my
Bookmarks Toolbar -- one click on the "RSS feeds" folder on the Toolbar
and I see a list of the names all my feeds, and hovering over any of
these pops a list of the titles of the latest items.
Even if the Live Bookmark icon doesn't show up on a site with a feed,
all you have to do is copy the RSS feed URL into a New Live Bookmark
window under Bookmarks->Manage Bookmarks.

~Scott~