Library of Congress presents "I Do Solemnly Swear"

Lori Bell lbell927 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 19 08:02:21 EST 2005

Join us online for an exciting program presented by the Library of Congress today on the Presidential inaugurations. To attend go to the online auditorium at http://www.tcconference.com/lib/?auditorium&nopass_field=1
type your name and click enter to go into the online room.

Wednesday, January 19, 2005 beginning at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, 1:00 Central, noon Mountain, and 11:00 a.m. Pacific:
Inaugurations: "I Do Solemnly Swear"
On Jan. 20, the United States inaugurates its 44th President on the steps of the Capitol. Has it always been there? Who wrote the Presidential oath of office? Who administers it? Join us for an exploration of a ceremony that embodies a cornerstone of our democracy. Presented by the Library of Congress.