[WEB4LIB] help with unsubscribing

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Mon Jan 10 09:05:05 EST 2005

Jomichele Herrera Seidl wrote:
> Please send me instructions on how to unsubscribe. Sorry if multiple list users
> are getting this message.  Jomichele

As a reminder to all: Information on unsubscribing is posted on the 1st
and 15th of each month in the FAQ.  It also appears on the Web4Lib home
page at <http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/Web4Lib/> and which usually comes
up first in any Internet search engine's results on "Web4Lib".  Current
instructions include:

   TO UNSUBSCRIBE:
   Send the message "unsubscribe Web4Lib" to
   listserv at webjunction.org. If this DOES NOT WORK, then please
   email Roy Tennant directly, DO NOT send a request to the entire list
   to be removed.

In my experience, the most common reason why an unsub command won't work
is that your mail client sends a From header that no longer matches the
one you subscribed under.  Sometimes, a little tinkering at your end can
reconstruct the original header to send a successful unsub--something
helpful in case Roy has other things to do than list administration that
day.  :-)

--
Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu