[WEB4LIB] RE: Seeing ourselves as others see us

Marc Truitt mtruitt at uh.edu
Fri Jan 7 18:00:51 EST 2005

To be precise, Gorman was LITA President in 1999-2000.  Gorman is an
easy target; has strongly-held beliefs and is not afraid to be
passionate in expressing them.  But he is no enemy of the appropriate
application of technology in libraries.

And while it may sound trite, he has made enormous contributions to the
profession; to refer to but the most obvious, how many of us can lay
claim to a work that has been even fractionally as influential to
librarianship as has AACR2?

Thank you for bringing us back to reality, Bernie.

- mt

Marc Truitt
Assistant Dean for Systems                      Voice  : 713-743-8979
University of Houston Libraries                 e-mail : mtruitt at uh.edu
114 University Libraries                        cell   : 713-443-6421
Houston, TX 77204-2000                          fax    : 713-743-9811

"Isn't life strange
A turn of the page
A book without light
Unless with love we write..."