[WEB4LIB] Web design frames and screen reader

Michael Shochet mshochet at ubalt.edu
Fri Jan 7 13:46:20 EST 2005

As for an example of a web design using frames that meets the requirements, you might want to look at the Accessible University website.  They have a lot of good information on making web sites accessible, including a frame based tutorial at http://www.washington.edu/accessit/AU/tutorial/frames.html.

Since the site is promoting accesibility, I assume the frames meet the 508 and WC3 requirements, but I did not specifically check the code to make sure.

Michael Shochet
Systems/Reference Librarian
Langsdale Library, University of Baltimore
http://langsdale.ubalt.edu/
mshochet at ubalt.edu
410-837-4277