[WEB4LIB] two questions on viruses

Kevin Devine kdevine at euclidlibrary.org
Fri Jan 7 09:21:38 EST 2005

To answer your first question, the answer is that the computer is 99%
safe.  Do the machines have disk drives, CD-roms or USB support
enabled.  If so, a patron could bring in a virus potentially from those
sources.

In answering your second question, executables are not like books,
putting two together is not a sum of the parts.  Think of it more as
mixing cake mix and ground beef together and then cooking it.  The end
result is not a hamburger and a cake...

Hope this helps,
Kevin Devine
Euclid Public Library