Yahoo desktop search

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Tue Jan 11 14:11:20 EST 2005

Since there were some posts when Google Desktop put out a beta, I
thought I'd point out that Yahoo's alternative is now available at
<http://desktop.yahoo.com/> (Windows only).  As with Google Desktop, it
assumes a Microsoft-dominant software suite; it understands Outlook
contacts, and Outlook and Outlook Express e-mail folders.  It provides
its own interface rather than displaying search results in the browser,
and has a pretty slick preview panel with viewers for the various file
formats it can index, showing hit highlights within the documents as you
view results.

--
Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu