[WEB4LIB] Re: here we go again...'Critical' security flaw

Andrew Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Tue Jan 11 13:21:23 EST 2005

Don,

PWB rides on top of IE so most of the flaws that affect IE are still an
issue even if you exclusively use PWB.

As for a kiosk frontend for FF, I've done a very-dated tutorial on how to
lock down the FF interface but it requires hacking the code directly and
isn't nearly as user-friendly as what PWB provides. I haven't seen any
good kiosk projects with FF. That's definitely a niche that needs to be
filled.

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library