[WEB4LIB] here we go again...'Critical' security flaw threatens IE users

Don Hamilton dhamilton at wlu.ca
Tue Jan 11 13:08:24 EST 2005

I would hate to put the good folks at teamsoftware, purveyors of a very
fine library-centric front end for IE(PWB), out of work, but is anyone
looking at a similar set of controls for Firefox? Does PWB render these
flaws inaccessible, or do we still have to worry?

don

>>> Steven Turner <steveua at yahoo.com> 1/11/2005 11:54:11 AM >>>
'Critical' security flaw threatens IE users

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=75&e=12&u=/nf/20050110/tc_nf/29577

I know it's not feasible for everyone or their users,
but Mozilla sure looks better with every passing day;
and, to be honest, I'm not so sure it's because the
code is so much better as it is the lack of
integration Mozilla has with the underlying operating
system. Mozilla also has the added benfit of being an
application development toolkit all on it's lonesome
as well (custom browsers for various public service
areas, custom uses, etc.)

Steve Turner

=====
Steven Turner, M.L.I.S.
Assistant Professor
Web Manager / Electronic Resources Librarian
The University of Southern Mississippi
email: Steven.Turner at usm.edu / Phone: (601)266-4066