[WEB4LIB] re: public library usage statistics

Elena OMalley Elena_OMalley at emerson.edu
Fri Feb 4 12:55:26 EST 2005

Michael:

I'd agree, they're probably most useful for identifying trends over time.
That's true of many statistics.

We sometimes refer to them as schmatistics around here. :)

On the other hand, it can help to compare notes on those trends with
other institutions, so I think developing some recommended basic
standards for trend-benchmarking purposes is worthwhile.

Elena O'Malley