OpenURL services

Stacy Pober stacy.pober at manhattan.edu
Wed Feb 9 13:50:27 EST 2005

We're currently shopping for an OpenURL service.  We're looking for one that
will be hosted by the vendor - not on one of our servers.

The ones we're considering are:

SFX eXpress by Ex Libris
Serials Solutions Article Linker
EBSCO Link Resolver

The prices are very competitive, so that's not an issue.  Ease of use and
options are more important.

We currently use EBSCO AtoZ for our journals holdings, so I was leaning towards
using them if I can determine that the Link Resolver will work smoothly
with the AtoZ list (AtoZ is done through EBSCO's Alabama offices, while
the Link Resolver is in Ipswich MA, so integration can't be assumed just
because they're both EBSCO products).

If you're using any vendor-hosted OpenURL service for your library and can
share its pros and cons, I'd be glad to hear about your experience.

I get this list on digest, so if you could cc: me on list responses, I would
appreciate.

Advance thanks,
Stacy Pober
Information Alchemist