Stop USB Utility and CybraryN

Tom Gardner tgardner at mcl.org
Wed Feb 9 10:17:10 EST 2005

Hello Web4Lib.

About 7 people have e-mailed me asking about the Stop USB Device
solution in CybraryN. I see there is a market for it, so I will post it
(my previous posting to the contrary notwithstanding):

Please follow the steps below to create the unplug hardware menu item:
1.  Use windows explorer to browse to the c:\tdmenu\ folder.
2.  Right click in the c:\tdmenu\ folder and select New > Shortcut.
3.  Enter the path to the shortcut:

"%SystemRoot%\System32\RUNDLL32.EXE shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL
hotplug.dll"

4.  Finish the shortcut wizard.
5.  Rename the shortcut to "Unplug"
6.  Open the menu builder in CybraryN(tm) software and click New.
7.  Fill in the Title, description and Icon fields 8.  Select Command32
for Program Type.
9.  type c:\tdmenu\Unplug.lnk in the Command Line field.
10. Press OK and save all settings.

If you encounter any problems, I encourage you to e-mail the folks at
CybraryN - techdoc at cybrarian.com - they got back to me within 10 minutes
with the solution that worked for us on PCs running CybraryN, Fortres
and Clean Slate.

Tom Gardner
Webmaster
Mercer County Library (NJ)